PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World's smallest aircraft carrier?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2018, 00:02
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by AN2 Driver
Thanks Dave, that is the kind of information I was looking for.

Interesting project but I would say difficult to accomplish to an extent where the interior of this mockup would correspond sufficiently to the real thing without support from the Air Force....
There isn't anything particularly secret about the configuration of the interior - in addition to the Prez and his staff, AF1 routinely carries a couple dozen press people. Heck, I spent enough time onboard the current AF1 aircraft before they they were delivered that I could still describe the layout fairly well (dimensions would be another story since it's been nearly 30 years). That horrid Air Force One movie staring Harrison Ford actually did a fairly good job of depicting the main deck layout (some of the other, er, features were pretty fanciful though, and the flight deck was quite wrong).
It's the some of the systems that are considered 'top secret'...

Several ex-Evergreen 747s have gone to interesting post-flying careers. One is parked on the roof of the Evergreen 'Wings and Wave" waterpark in McMinnville and is integrated into a couple of the water slides.

Another is parked out front of the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum next door (at least is was when I visited the museum a year ago...)

Last edited by tdracer; 30th Sep 2018 at 00:13.