PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2018, 20:19
Meester proach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fly4more
EZ, RY and even lowly J2 pay significantly more than Norwegian LH on the 787.

You take a big pay cut to a) fly the 787 2) Fly long haul.

The LoCo companies offer fixed roster. Try that with NLH. 5/4 is ideal. Do the math, you are at work a whole lot less than staring into the night for 21 days away on LH sectors.

NLH uses the 787as a great ploy to attract crews who perceive LH as the holy grail. However, the reality of 3 star hotel layovers after 15hours duty plied with cheap food is far from utopia.

Long Haul was a great lifestyle. But not with the like of NLH. Stick to BA or VA.

I’m guessing you don’t, haven’t and never will work for NAS/NUK. Incidentally there’s no “ NLH “.
the hotels are OK, most are quite nice and are constantly reviewed and changed if necessary.

it’s ridiculous to compare “ fixed roster “ short haul with longhaul. There’s no airline offering fixed roster in LH.

it’s horses for courses, personally I report for four trips a month, maybe 1 or 2 of those are early .(0420 earliest )
and even with the jet lag, I’d rather do that than 5 earlies on SH.

all this “ getting home very night “. Not much point me being there if I’m permanently knackered and grumpy as sin and looking forward to going to bed at 8pm