PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 08:55
FQTLSteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RUTAN16 I can assure you it is not a mileage run. As stated by Hotel Tango prices vary significantly. I was able to take early retirement so I have the time. I also ensure I travel comfortably. Five years ago following retirement I relocated to Spain but also kept a UK presence. So since then the most travelled route for me has been AGP/BHX. Initially the UK base was in Stratford upon Avon but since changed to The Isle of Anglesey, however I still prefer to use BHX because I can travel from there to Bangor with one stop on Virgin Trains First Class service. At BHX there is a Virgin Lounge and good public facilities transfer from the terminals is very easy and comfortable and they also have a lounge in Crewe too. I have used mainly Monarch (many extra leg room seats) but also TUI, Norwegian, Vueling, SAS, Swiss, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines and now Jet2. It's really down to price, attractive travel period, and comfort. I have also used Aer Lingus, since being in Anglesey, via Dublin taking a ferry from Holyhead and v.v. I also travel extensively from AGP elsewhere outside UK and use the same principle there, so last year to OZ was AGP-ZRH-BKK-SYD and return SYD-SIN-ZRH-AGP a combination of Swiss, Thai and Singapore, chosen as good price/comfort not as a mileage run. We all have our preferences.