PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 25th Sep 2018, 06:36
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tandemrotor
I can only imagine this all comes as a terrible shock to the tourist industries of Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, France et al. Not to mention the Airbus manufacturing industry.

Fortunately, the most lucrative routes, are over the Atlantic.

Though I did hear that, 1 in 5 of all passengers in Spanish airports were travelling either to, or from the U.K. What a shame!

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.
I'm sure Aena, hoteliers, restaurants and traders love the fact that they're going to lose 50 million passengers next year going through their local airports!

Yeah, the most lucrative routes over the Atlantic - pity not many can use them until a replacement for the Bermuda II UK-US air transport agreement is put in place!

For me, I don't understand why a system of bilateral agreements need to be in place - surely this should be at ICAO level rather than at EU or individual member level? What does anyone have to gain to go back to a 1980s system where only certain operators can operate certain routes, at certain times, which to be fair, still exists in many parts of the world. (I'm sure BA would love this system to return as they were really rolling in the money under this system).