Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 19:10
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
33 ILS & August passenger figures

Originally Posted by latedownwind
R33 glidepath no longer NOTAMd as U/S- so assume it has returned to service
Very much out of service and it has been explained to me why it is no longer needed to be NOTAM'd but to do with the length of time I believe.. Although the arrivals experience described recently on this thread is an embarrassment I doubt anything can surpass the 33 ILS debacle and although it seems the location and weather has conspired against BHX at the end of the day they are responsible for all landing aids and the length of time it has taken is mind-boggling. Although I have been told by a few that it is seriously complicated but the cynic in me can't help thinking that cost savings (the bund) during the runway extension might have a bit-player in this saga - only a wild guess

August 2018

Passenger figures 1368525 down 8.55% - I know this is going to sound a bit crazy or just spin but these are not that bad considering the loss of Monarch and the confusing decision of Ryanair to reduce capacity in high summer.

Emirates was about 88% which was down as only the two daily flights but this as it stands this won't be achieved next year based on the November aircraft types. I would like to think maybe they are considering 2 x 77W and 1 x A388 next summer.

Qatar was up 11% but hardly stellar at 201 (79%) and Cardiff wasn't that far behind which as a new service is quite impressive.

Air India was down but on 58 sectors recording 210 per flight 82%

Turkish was up 5% at 137 a flight which is very good.

Increases to Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Zurich although small decreases on Paris, Copenhagen and Amsterdam. Bigger decreases on Berlin, Milan due flybe cuts as well as Rome where Jet2 were only 4 a week to Monarch's daily but what did operate had a 98% load factor.

The craziest increase was on a domestic route with Belfast up 56% at 22889 which is probably one of their highest returns. EDI, GLA and Jersey/Guernsey all up as well.

Pete