PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 08:30
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Akro
For all we know, he did all the checklists perfectly & diligently. And the guy had 2400 hours on type. He wasn't a weekend warrior.
The reverse is also true, Akro. For all we know he didn't complete checklists perfectly and diligently. Some of the comments in the report (taking off with the Px system set incorrectly and a wing locker open, a passenger reporting that the main cabin door was open "until....just prior to take off") if true, scare me. Especially when you read the accident pilot's previous comments to the ATSB about "you don't get complacent you get into a routine...you don't need a checklist...."

I do not know the accident pilot, so my comment here is in NO relation to him- it is a generic statement only: 1200hrs, 2400hrs, 24000hrs on type means nothing if you aren't actually a competent and diligent pilot.
I remember inducting a new pilot to the company some time back. He had more B200 time than I had total (more than this accident pilot). He was the definition of complacent, he truly scared me. Said bloke had similar thoughts about checklists.