PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 10:05
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaga & easyjet

Originally Posted by FQTLSteve
Looking for AGP-BHX 01 November on Skyscanner Ryanair 248GBP and Jet2 299GBP The cheapest was SAS via CPH at 166GBP. Does anyone know why it's so expensive? In over 5 years of travelling this route intensively multiple times p.a. never seen fares like this in winter.
As previous posters have stated it is bang in the middle of the school holidays and Malaga has gone from feast to famine - now not enough capacity and Jet2 have not added much on this route which suggests yields are not great although Ryanair have gone from 5 to 6 a week this winter and added an extra Monday flight all October. By the way why not buy a return going back to Malaga on 5 November you can reduce it to just over £200 and I sure you won't get a visit from the Jet2 police for not using the return ticket as long as you don't do it the other way round and buy the first part of the journey as the one you are not going to use.

easyjet

Summer 2019 sees Geneva continue at 3 a week and Belfast appears to have one extra rotation a week based on the flights operated in April 2018.

True Blue - Your not the first to mention this and I am not going to say anymore but really do take the time to complain both to the airport and handling agent. I am not starting anything on here but things are not great and if you complain by email back it all with a letter as I have found the former often goes unanswered. In general BHX has improved on the departure aspect although I have not travelled in the evening when the temptation to reduce staff is the greatest. Mornings and afternoons are busy but everyone seems to try their best and 2018 thus far has been much better than 2017 although I will be trying it again in a few weeks and I hope it is as good as it was in July.

Pete