PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet to transfer 1400 pilots licence from UK to Austria as a precaution to brexit
Old 21st Sep 2018, 16:11
TURIN

Received 165 Likes on 89 Posts
The EU stands to lose a hell of a lot more than the U.K.
I hear this so many times, from the everyman in the street on radio phone-ins to political talking heads like Farage and Rees-Mogg.
It beggers belief that with everything that has been said, written about and reported ad-nauseum since the referendum was announced, that inteligent people still believe this. It is, was and always will be utter garbage!

I realise that this thread is about Pilot Licencing, but there are a few thousand Licenced Engineers that were forced to convert to a JAR Part 66 licences and then a full EASA B1/B2 etc. All that is now moot and until someone at no.10 starts making sense, I and my colleagues have no clue how and under what legislation we will able to practice our art come April next year. The CAA Safety Regulation section was already understaffed and barely fit for purpose before all this started, Somehow they are going to have to ramp up their recruitment, training and oversight...in 6 months! Crazy!

Still, Taking back Control....Yay!!