PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet to transfer 1400 pilots licence from UK to Austria as a precaution to brexit
Old 21st Sep 2018, 15:16
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by highfive
A friend of mine just interviewd for a german based job. He holds a UK issued easa licence . Seems the feedback was that , reading between the lines, they are interviewing UK licence holders, but the would be required to transfer to another easa competent authority . Wether this is feasible or not was not mentioned.

so from now on, holders of uk issued part fcl will have to change authority until this mess is sorted. What a mess.
Did they tell him to apply for German (or other EU) citizenship too I wonder?

Seems to me that if a deal is done, then the licence issues should be sorted with it, if it's No Deal, then expats on both sides of the new fence will potentially be kicked out anyway. Commuting between UK and EU won't be possible (via Canada or Russia maybe) since no planes will fly between, and the trains will be stopped (says France).

I wonder how easy it will be to switch back to (or reacquire) UK licence after a hard brexit - relies on the CAA being in a fit state to manage stuff outside EASA - wouldn't that potentially leave people unable to work where they are allowed to live, and unable to live where they are allowed to work?