PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seattle to Tokyo in a Citation X+
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2018, 00:48
RRONIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Seattle to Tokyo in a Citation X+

Please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I'm a touring/studio musician with an aviation background (beginning in to 70's) that includes currently having a Citation M2 in my hangar. Before you ask, I'm paying my dues to learn to fly it now. I'm not a pro pilot, just recreational and "flights over dry land". LOL!

I have access to a Citation X+ (and crew) for a part of my next music tour (Classic Rock and Blues - 108 cities/176 shows - 2018-2019) and I'm considering flights to Tokyo from Seattle using this aircraft in lieu of something like a Gulfstream G450 (which I also have access to). We're hauling passengers and luggage. All of our gear (aside from a few guitars) will be on that side already.

Has anyone flown from Seattle to Anchorage and then on to Tokyo in this aircraft? Time frame is December 2018 and then again in March 2019. Insights? Other than stretching our legs in Alaska during refueling, does this actually pencil? I realize that we'll be running thin fuel by Japan.

But is this doable without scaring hell out of our wives? I'll sooth my fears in old Scotch.

I'm trying to determine if it's actually feasible and realistic. Considerations in aircraft type are due to my production company's financial contributions to the trips. If the X+ will work, I'd prefer it.

Thanks for the insights. I appreciate it.