PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2018, 07:07
sixchannel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
Flew into Birmingham last Tuesday evening, arriving a few minutes early around 9.00pm. Arriving on Easyjet from Belfast. Had to wait a few minutes for buses, but not long. Almost full aircraft loaded onto 2 buses. Airport quiet.

As a passenger from Belfast, Birmingham has a unique ability to treat you and make you feel like a 10th class citizen. We arrive at T1, but are always bussed to T2. We drive over to T2, where we are then forced to wait about 25 minutes, until an employee from the handling agent arrives to open the doors, walking casually down the stairs and enjoying a joke with other employees who are standing in there, but who didn't seem to have the authority to open the doors. About 150 people lost about 30 minutes each of their lives, that cannot be reclaimed, because a handling agent can't organise themselves to get an employee over to open a door. And they are not in the least concerned. So we arrive at T1, are then bussed to T2. Imagine the waste of this. Is it not beyond the wit of man to make an access route at T1, no it's not, just no desire. Hide behind various rules/laws to avoid having to do anything. Or why not park Easyjet at T2? And this happens on a regular basis.

I spoke to the staff as I passed by, they weren't too bothered, in fact one gave me some cheek back. I was not rude in any way. There were 2/3 I assume dispatchers standing inside with the person who opened the doors. They had been there all that time we were waiting.

Returning home Wednesday evening, took about 30 minutes at least to pass through security. 4 of 14 lanes open. Imagine the difference one more lane open would have made.

I find Birmingham one of the most objectionable airports to use, sadly on occassions I have to use it.
+4 on that for your final sentence.
We are fortunate to have BHX and EMA in our catchment area and have de-camped to EMA for our next two trips. It can't be any worse. Surely?!