PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ - Joint List
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2018, 01:44
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Firstly, "External" refers to anyone not currently in the Link group, not specifically to foreign/overseas applicants. So a Kiwi Pilot, flying for Virgin (for example) is still an external.

Secondly, as RubberDog already stated, one of the "Cathay SO's" that I've met was ex RAAF. The others (who I've met anyway) might have started as SO's/Cadets but were FO's when they came to Air NZ. It never ceases to amaze me how people on these forums are so quick to rubbish the experience of others. Do you have access to all these "unworthy" Cathay Pilots CV's?

Third, the recent Pathways communication said the Company will be adding Link Pilots to the Air NZ list at the rate of 70:30, meaning for every external hired, 3 Link Pilots get on the GOP list. So does it really matter where these externals are coming from? Link Pilots are getting their Tag & Release number.

Lastly, who the F do some of you think you are? It just screams of an entitlement complex when you jump online and start rubbishing other Pilots because you deem them somehow unworthy. It's been stated countless times that Link Pilots are being skipped over, not because they can't do the job, but because they can't be released due to crewing levels. Whoever the Company hires, they still need to pass the interview, Type Rating and Line Training. So if Cathay Cadets are managing, then who are any of you to judge them? The Airbus crewing crisis is (mostly) over.. although Commands are getting lower and lower on the list, so the demand for Jet Time, specifically Airbus time, is no longer required. It also doesn't help. (as has already been pointed out), that many of the more experienced externals are pulling their applications because it's simply not worth joining behind hundreds of regional Pilots... there's better Jobs elsewhere.