PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2018, 21:08
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baggage

Originally Posted by sixchannel
It was 90 minutes to greeting them in Arrivals.
Incidentally, having had a similar but not as gross experience in May when Jet2 landed early early Monday am along with a couple of other holiday carriers. It took an hour from landing to getting bags, not what you want at stupid o'clock, we have booked out of EMA for our next trip to give it a Go.
the loser - BHX. minus 4 pax on their Stats that everyone holds so dear if nothing else.
I agree the speed that baggage is delivered is a lottery at times depending on the time of day the operator you have used and thus the handling agent. Although that can go for other airports as well and you then have to factor in any extra travelling time but it if you live 50/50 from two rival airports it is not so bad. Today I just dropped my youngest at Liverpool Uni and coming home most of my journey was on 70mph roads and I averaged 35 over 215 minutes with no crashes but roadworks until 2022 - it is pathetic and I would prefer to wait 90 minutes in my local than risk several hours on the road worrying when I will get home. Don't even get me started about trains.

By the way not excusing the delay which is clearly an ongoing problem at BHX which if is being addressed is not working.

Pete