PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2018, 19:24
sixchannel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kfsimpson
90 minutes is extreme - was it 90 to delivery onto the belt or to exiting the building and meeting them? But I have waited over fifty minutes for luggage from an EK arrival at BHX. You do need to allow for the fact that there will be 550 passengers if the flight is 90% full, and with Emirates' generous luggage allowance many of those passengers will have multiple items of baggage. No, I don't think luggage handling at BHX is tip top, and find I usually wait less time at Heathrow, but BHX has few full widebodies arriving, and therefore can't afford to have staff available all day and under-employed for much of the time waiting for the few arrivals which have more bags. I find I usually don't wait too long for bags from TK flights at BHX, so I really think it is just those few pressure points in the day.
It was 90 minutes to greeting them in Arrivals.
Incidentally, having had a similar but not as gross experience in May when Jet2 landed early early Monday am along with a couple of other holiday carriers. It took an hour from landing to getting bags, not what you want at stupid o'clock, we have booked out of EMA for our next trip to give it a Go.
the loser - BHX. minus 4 pax on their Stats that everyone holds so dear if nothing else.