PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reg 206 (1) C = FAR Part 135?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2018, 00:59
flying-spike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Power
Spike maybe you should actually start at the airline first before worrying about a command ? I have seen a lot of older pilots join my airline (US regional) in the last year who have washed out in training, they just couldn't keep up. To suggest that some chieftain time will enable you a quick jet command upgrade is ludicrous, upgrade times are at about 12-18 months now anyway so it's not a long wait. The regs are black and white, you need 1000 hours in the right hand seat under part 121 operations before you are eligible to make the move to the LHS.
Gee, thanks power, I have never made the contention the Chieftain time will enable me to get a quick jet command. If you read ny posts you will see that I have commented that I see 1000 hours in the right seat to be a better grounding for upgrade.

The regs Are black and white but there is als a bit of grey that you have neglected to cite and that is the ability to use part 135 PIC time also to go towards the 1000 hours. (Also in my posts, and an interpretation attached). My concern is that, as supply shrinks, there will be a push to have pilots upgrade before they are ready.

I have no illusion that it will not be a steep learning curve for me, but I relish the challenge.
Attached Files