PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reg 206 (1) C = FAR Part 135?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2018, 07:31
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flying-spike
It would be nice if it was recognised but I agree that 12 or so months in the right seat would be better value than a couple of thousand hours Chieftain I did years ago. Thanks guys

Flying Spike,,
As I said before, check with a convenient FISDO, if possible. Also check with any prospective employer.

In recognition of foreign experience, the practical answer is what FAA will recognise as satisfying the reg. quoted above, the reg. is not new.

Quite a number of Australian pilots, in recent years, have taken up employment with Regional/Commuter carriers in US based on foreign experience verified to the satisfaction of FAA. Several have actually sent recruiters to Australia. If nil non- US hours counted, such programs would not work.

Those I know have had to do the ATR examinations, have a Class I medical, and pass a (in our terms) APC/IPC, plus all the usual security clearances and holding the appropriate visa/green card. FAA-wise, the result is the issue of a ATR/Multi/Land/Instrument set of paperwork and license.

The progress from the RHS to command has been rapid, such is the turnover on seniority lists of small carriers.

Tootle pip!!

PS1: The people I have personally known have all had at least 1500 hr multi command time, not just 1500 hr. total or command.

PS: All RPT "commuter" operations in the US work under Part 121. Part 135 is (almost) exclusively "air taxi".

Last edited by LeadSled; 13th Sep 2018 at 07:41. Reason: PS 1&2 added