PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drunk matelots arrested
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 16:03
FODPlod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WilliumMate
...Beating the crap out of each other doesn't really suggest it is a happy ship.
Does the short-term behaviour of 6 (i.e. 0.5%) of QNLZ's 1,200 embarked personnel during a lively run ashore really justify such a stinging judgement?

Try this testament from a female local taxi driver instead: A story about the crew of HMS Queen Elizabeth in Florida you probably didn’t hear

I am not anybody of great importance and I don’t have a high position of authority or anything of that nature, I just work in the transportation business as an Uber driver part time while I am finishing my college degree. Therefore, what I am going to inform you about concerning three sailors on your ship is pretty special since they had nothing to gain for what they did.
First, let me say that everyone that I have given a ride to who are sailors on the HMS Queen Elizabeth were exceptionally kind and very respectful to me, and I find it to be very sad that our media here in Jacksonville, Florida only reported on negative circumstances that happened with a small percentage of sailors on your ship.
That is why I want to make sure that you know about these three sailors that helped me out, while expecting nothing in return. At 8:42 pm on Monday, September 10th, I received a call from 301 Atlantic Blvd, Neptune Beach to pick up a man named David and two of his friends to take them back to Mayport Base. I was informed right before I picked them up that I had a headlight out and I was concerned because I needed to replace it or else quit working for the night until I got it fixed...