PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh Airport (Biz and G/A)
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 10:18
moonym20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had two lead pax over recent years vow never to return through EDI specifically down to the ridiculous security checks they have to go through.

On one occasion, when arriving at the FBO their bags were taken immediately to be screened as hold bags - even given baggage tags. When one pax needed an item from their bag prior to going airside this crated a huge drama with security because the bags were now 'quarantined'. This same occasion the lead pax had their (expensive) lighter confiscated before being allowed to pass through to airside. The FBO were obliged to provide boarding passes for each pax, which had to be checked by security... (do they still do this??).

The other lead pax in question refused to come through EDI again because of the same farcical procedure to gain access to their own aircraft. All this takes place in the dedicated GA area of the airport - so it is not like you are mixing with any airline traffic.

Both visits took place a few years ago now, I found it farcical they way the show is run there. I sympathise with Signature for having to put up with such BS from security while also getting it in the neck from very disgruntled pax.

When we passed through as crew the very surly security 'official' pointed to a security camera in the corner and said that was directly linked to the DFT and everyone was being 'watched' hence the strict implementation of security

round and round we go.......