PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer-2
Thread: BA Cityflyer-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2018, 07:16
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAladdy

BACF are planning to add a couple of new routes and add additional frequencies on existing routes for S19 from LCY before Christmas. I think routes that are likely to see increased frequencies for S19 will be Rome, Santorini and Skiathos.

When it comes to new routes, I think summer sun destinations such as Corsica (Bastia), Croatia (Bol, Split or Zadar), Sardinia (Alghero or Olbia) would all be very popular. I was also gonna add Maderia to that list but not sure if that would be to far for a E90.
BACF will, however, need to find work for the additional aircraft on MTuWeTh before they can think about adding highly seasonal leisure destinations on FrSaSu. So in addition to increasing frequencies to some long-served destinations (and possibly Rome), one or two additional business destinations must be on the cards. In Austria, there is talk about Vienna which is an obvipus gap in LCY's network. Not sure about other destinations, as the more obvious ones have either failed in the past (ARN, CPH, OSL, BCN) or been snapped up by others recently (WAW, BUD). MUC and/or PRG would be a long-shot, assuming that BACF will not be interested in routes with less than 50.000 annual pax like ANR and BRN that are up for grabs.