PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea Jet
Thread: Sea Jet
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2003, 22:47
FEBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko
You're a gift, you really are:
The decision to prematurely retire the Sea Harrier was considered and discussed as one of the regular 'Options'. The Brass recommended it to the Secretary of State
Who says the brass recommended it. As far as they were concerned it was a fait accompli, same went for NATO. As is common practise for this government it was all done behind closed doors and those that were in charge were not consulted. If they were this thread wouldn't exist.

When, since 1990, would it have been more useful for the RN to despatch an all-SHar air wing than an all GR7/9 air wing?
This is a great one, so I'll answer it with a question: when was the last time we dropped an atomic bomb or launched an atomic missile in anger??

Face it Jacko, your defence policy has more to do with the hippy movement than with reality. "lets all get round the table and have a nice cup of tea and a chat" cuts no ice with errant countries. We're still a force to be reckoned with and I and a hell of a lot more want to keep it that way.

One last question for you (i love asking them) How much will Washington charge us for providing AD for our fleet or will it be gratis because they like us so much??

FEBA