PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair FO faints in flight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2018, 06:44
Herod

"Mildly" Eccentric Stardriver

Received 224 Likes on 66 Posts
In your airline (or any of the other better airlines) that provide food for their pilots, do the pilots get a seat and table in the back to eat or do they eat at their desk? Or do they get a break to go to the restaurant?
No. I was responding to XL750's comment that he should bring his own lunch. I accept that pilots generally have to eat at their desks, but since they don't have the opportunity to go eat elsewhere (like office workers, shop assistants etc, who get a proper break), they shouldn't have to provide their own food.

I was once with an airline that pushed crews to the duty limit, with no food, and being a small aircraft, meaning that if you brought your own you had to eat it in front of the pax. Six sectors. We got to the stage where crews would get off after sector five, go get something to eat (we weren't unreasonable, just a sandwich and a cup of coffee) and carry on. That put us into discretion. Two crews, two discretion reports a day for two weeks. Crew food was provided.

Now, let's get back to the topic. How is the F.O?