PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair FO faints in flight
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2018, 07:59
Uplinker

Received 114 Likes on 70 Posts
I am not having a go at you sir, (rog747), because I agree with you, but some replies to your comments:

Originally Posted by rog747
On both legs I never saw the Cabin crew once go in the FD with any drinks (or food), hot or cold.............
They probably each chose a sandwich from the cool bag of crew food provided when they boarded the aircraft initially, and were probably given a big bottle of water each to last the day..

..................So how these guys upfront (and the CC) got any sustenance and rest at anytime that day until they landed at SOU at 1525 beggars belief. (although the CC were down the back with the curtain closed for much of the flights, as there was barely any in-flight service provided)
Welcome to low cost flying !! This is the reality folks.
No actual rest time, I agree, but they would eat their sandwich in the cruise. (That’s what the Autopilot is really for !)

In the past on a 3 sector day like that there would have been a hot crew meal on at least two of those sectors, plus sandwiches, snacks etc wherever you wanted it or not...
In the past, sensible prices were paid for tickets !

Any wonder why nowadays Crews are fed up, grumpy and get sick & ill...OK crew food then was often nowt to shout about but it was there, as were Pax meals to eat if any left.
Yep, no wonder at all. (But remember also that we have to wake up at 0300-0400 or not get to bed until 0100-0200 four to six days in a row). Slightly different to the average 9-5. We were not technically allowed to eat pax meals. Don’t ask me why.

Airline managements sew what they reap I'm afraid.
You meant < reap what they sow >

Passengers have been conditioned by the LoCos to expect to pay ridiculously low prices for a seat on an airliner. Less than other forms of transport for the equivalent distance and time.

Last edited by Uplinker; 1st Sep 2018 at 08:16.