PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair FO faints in flight
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2018, 20:02
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Just flew last month SOU-Verona-SOU on a Dash 8 - quite a longish sector for anyone in the prop - flying time, upto 2 hours 30 minutes

On both legs I never saw the Cabin crew once go in the FD with any drinks (or food), hot or cold - and on the way home to SOU I found that all the crew had operated down from GLA early that morning, and then were doing SOU-VRN-SOU, so a 3 sector day (not sure if positioning back, or Hotac in SOU)

My point is, on these 3 sectors I knew the crew were delayed from the outset of their early start day and so then endured quick turnarounds at both SOU and then again at VRN (remote stand and 35c temps) so where was their chance to sit down relax even for 10 minutes, have a bite to eat, and a drink?
The cabin crew were certainly not providing anything upfront nor checking on them in-flights.
On boarding at VRN we were faced with 'sit down quick you lot, or we lose out slot' barked at us by the CC as if it was all our fault - The skipper on the other hand, was calm and apologetic and worked hard with all the agencies to get a new slot for us within 10 minutes, rather than the 3 hours possible delay which we were told on boarding could happen.

So how these guys upfront (and the CC) got any sustenance and rest at anytime that day until they landed at SOU at 1525 beggars belief. (although the CC were down the back with the curtain closed for much of the flights, as there was barely any in-flight service provided)

In the past on a 3 sector day like that there would have been a hot crew meal on at least two of those sectors, plus sandwiches, snacks etc wherever you wanted it or not...

Any wonder why nowadays Crews are fed up, grumpy and get sick & ill...OK crew food then was often nowt to shout about but it was there, as were Pax meals to eat if any left.
Airline managements sew what they reap I'm afraid.

And do you really think a knackered crew member is going to make his/hers packed lunch everyday and pop it into a Tupperware box every morning at 4am when he wakes up on his 4th early? Nooooo.
Come on!