PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2018, 22:15
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aircraft size and Jet2

Originally Posted by ATNotts
I'm sure Pete has the actual numbers, but my gut tells me that with ZB 321s being effective replaced by LS 738s, and fewer E195 and E170s from FlyBe the average number of seats per aircraft may be a little less.

Over to you Pete!
Not really worked out the seats comparison from summer 2017 compared to summer 2018 or the aircraft type used but in general what ATNotts has stated is true. BHX had between 6 and 7 Monarch A321's operating in 214 config but Jet2 have just the one A321 based. Flybe reduced by around 6 flights a day but replaced by nothing on those lost routes and frequencies. Roughly in high summer BHX lost 7 x 214 seats on a 2/4 sector day, 3 x 174 seat A320's, 2 x DH8D/175 with 78/88 seats on 4 to six sector days and 1 x FR 738 on 4 sector days replaced by a few FR away based 189 seat 738's, 4 x 189 seat Jet2 on 4 sector days and 1 x 220 seat Jet A321, 1 x Primera 189 seat B73H on 4 sector days and 1 x 189 seat TUI 738 on 4 to 6 sector days. The ACL had the seat loss report but I am sure it was between 12-15% but pax have been down just under 10% high-summer.

Jet2
Although the Corfu ends early September as planned and the extra frequencies to Rhodes, Heraklion and Mahon also finish they have had a reshuffle with some aircraft in October only operating just the one flight such as 3 of the 9 aircraft on a Thursday but overall there are still 9 on based when originally it was 8 operational after the second week in September.

The good news as well as Prague returning on Monday and Friday as scheduled they have added a second Malaga Saturday morning within 10 minutes of the first, the Palma away based on a Sunday becomes based departing just 5 minutes after the first morning Palma. Saturday sees an extra Antalya added, Sunday and extra Arrecife and Friday afternoon a second Tenerife again departing shortly after the first. Monday gets an extra Antalya.

I make Saturdays 20 flights in early October as the away based Alicante's remain away based.

Certain routes see planned reductions or end early such as Zante, Almeria, Thessaloniki, Ibiza, Kos so no surprises as all originally scheduled.

The Primera base seems to close at the end of September with the Malaga an away based aircraft from Stansted.

It is far from all doom and gloom and to cap it all an extraordinary week of GA movements plus MAEL seeing Virgin, Norwegian 787's and a DHL 757. Elmdon side is booming. Still a long way to go with the route mix but still heading in the right direction.

Pete