PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul Roster
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2018, 09:28
SSDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captain8
Doesn't really say a lot about Norwegian being better, many pilots are leaving NLH to go to Virgin Atlantic, Jet2 and the like.
Its a pilot merry go round, fundamentally because its much of a muchness regards terms and conditions, lifestyles.

Many who work in the UK are happy to earn GBP 120000 for say J2 , but then pay GBP 46000 out of that a year income and N.I tax. Nasty.

I work out in the far east and tax is a flat 15%. On a salary of GBP300000 plus /year. Its a personal choice. I like not having to worry about the cost
my kids university fees or booking a five star resort with business class travel for all the family.

I looked at NLH for my post retirement, but the prospect of depositing Euro 30-40000 into their bank account (yep they still want this), in order to work for them seemed abhorrent.

I'm not in NLH, but I know plenty of people who just gave a bank guarantee in the past and not 30-40K into any account? Besides from the information I have, it will soon be a 3 year bond like in so many other companies. It's incredible how much misinformation we have in circulation out there. Last time I was in the US I spoke to an american pilot who was convinced we had thai crew flying our aircraft! Fake news are alive and well...

With regards to people leaving NLH for virgin, Jet2 etc. Absolutely true. But just as many are leaving from Jet2 etc. to come to Norwegian. I even know people who have left and then come back again. Strange market at the moment. It seems like many are rotating jobs to get closer to home at the moment, since the salaries are just about the same in many non-legacy airlines.