PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay rise certain
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2018, 08:28
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fearcampaign
Got a call from crewing. Short of resources again and have a rare weekend day off with family.
The family reminded me that I’ve worked the last few Christmas, Easter and most school holidays.
Would of loved to help out again and go beyond what’s required but I need pay rises and improved conditions agreed in my EBA first before I can agree to trade the “bonus” of my time off. Works both ways.
Agree with others on the donation idea. Bigger fish to fry.
They can shove the paltry one off bonus up their A&$#. I’ll be voting NO till I get a decent compounding pay rise for my hard work.
Make them count what they don't bother; goodwill

Why even bother answering the phone on a day off?

Pilots are the enablers, when goodwill is missing they count it in lost revenue:
  • AOC High Capacity RPT has 'scheduled service' obligations (above a threshold of cancellations, airlines actually are in breach)
  • Airport operators base their revenue forecasts of gate occupancy and aeronautical revenue on published schedule. Guess what happens when airlines don't do as published?
  • ASX listing rule 3.1 works to support Corporations Act 2001 s.674 with respect to material financial disclosures that could have, if publicly known have an effect on share price.
  • The ever looking the wrong way, Qantas board will have a revenue loss threshold that raises their interest, particularly with relation to Corporations Act 2001 s.674
  • Sick leave, provisions are a requirement under legislative penalty. Burning sick leave provisions impact KPI.
  • Pilot stuff costs them a fortune. They simply don't bother counting it as pilots are usually compliant.
Ask any investment analyst and invariably the first question following the request for inside information is 90% related to the company relationship with pilots.