PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay rise certain
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2018, 03:14
QuarterInchSocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DutchRoll

he will feed to the media that pilots are using charity donation as a bargaining chip to avoid productivity increases in their EBA and “using the farmers/Smith Family/Salvos to hold the company to ransom when they already earn the money to make that donation without conditions attached”. The media and the incumbent government will lap that up.
Let’s hope that on Monday a number of counter measures are developed if it is decided to donate to our farmers. That donation should be delivered with a concise message that is brief (a one liner), and said over and over like a broken record. It might be effective to beat the company to the punch and admit that we are trying to leverage in the same fashion as they did, or maybe not. On Monday I am hoping the merits of our proposed actions will be tabled and tested among the unions.

I think our farmers should get the money, irrespective of the motivations appended to the reasoning in getting that money to them. The message is very clear both from company and from us; the company won’t distribute the 2k to us without signing the next ea, allegedly an act of coercion. Our response - remove the 2k from the equation so that we can “negotiate on a level playing field”. Charity seems to be the best method of removal at this point.

My 5c worth.