PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay rise certain
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2018, 09:39
knobbycobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it’s important not to get distracted by a potential $800-$900 post tax bonus not being paid.
It is disappointing for it to be used as a future bargaining ploy. It should be paid for all the hard work achieved last year and act to encourage a continuation of the effort required for a very busy year ahead. All fleets have been on max hours. We have all contributed to the turnaround and another record profit.

However Safety is our number one priority.
Take the fuel you deem appropriate. Be safe and conservative.
Don’t feel pressured to give back leave. Rest and family time is essential to health and well-being.
Don’t feel obliged to assist with extra flying, ensure you get adequate rest that is required during high hours and high workload. Inadequate pilot numbers leading to cancelled services are not your legal responsibility. An individuals assessed Fitness to operate safety is a legal requirement under the CAOs.
Operate conservatively and dont feel pressured to take unnecessary risks taxing on one engine. Take the flap or reverse required.
Coming up to summer consider running the APU with sufficient time to keep passengers and crew comfortable consistent with a premium airline. Getting too hot and uncomfortable during a pre flight is a potential threat.
Do not operate fatigued and act responsibly and conservatively when making that self assessment.
Don’t rush between gates and make sure your crews never unduly rush dealing with MELs or procedures. Safety before schedule.
Threats like these can add to stress which has the potential to cause distractions on the flight deck.
It is your licence and legal responsibility.
It is what we do anyway but a timely reminder as these issues and ultimatums can be very distracting and disheartening.
I will concentrate on my legal responsibilities as an airline pilot and give my full support to my AIPA representatives to deal with this.
This recent development has served to reinvigorate my support for AIPA in negotiations.
Improvements to Working conditions for the remainder of my career should be the priority and not a small bonus threat.