PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Full Up Jet?
Thread: Full Up Jet?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2018, 07:25
Speedywheels

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Full Up Jet?

I am scheduled to present a webinar in a few months time about the evolution of electronic warfare equipment through technological advancements that has driven improved system performance while also creating additional challenges with SWAP trade-offs and RF cable specifications. The audience will be mostly American and will include employees of OEMs, integrators and military maintainers. One of the tag lines that has been incorporated into the presentation is 'Full Up Jet or No Go' on the persuasion of my US colleagues who inform me that 'Full Up Jet' is terminology for a serviceable, available aircraft. Looking back at my old days in the RAF, we used the expression 'hot to trot' but I've never heard of 'Full Up Jet' and, to be honest, don't really understand where the term would have originated.

I thought I'd turn to this forum, probably looking west over the pond, to see if this is a common expression, limited to one service or draws a blank. If its not a common term used by the US military, can somebody suggest something more appropriate? It would be even better, if there was a phrase that is in common use across the globe. Can anybody advise, please?