PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 02:45
lfbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PADRON737
Can some of the pilot’s that are considering to resign, be so kind to tell us hold poolers why?

Financial goals accomplished or fed up with the airlines work culture? Just makes it easier to just move along if one decides to.
Can not speak for the rest but as for me it's a mix of financial and career goals been already acheeved in addition to been tired of the "awesome" airline pilot lifestyle, I came here to stay 10 years but things went unexpectedly well and I was able to save much more than initially planned. Also the career moved up faster than I ever imagined, adding all that I just don't need to put up anymore with all the BS the company throws on me from time to time, saved enough and got all the wide body experience I needed to work anywhere I want (considering I'm able to pass the assessment of course). It's a good place to work but not to stay for long, most of the guys leaving now are going back home to earn less and to fly narrow bodies after saving some money and flying wide body here.

Overall it's a great experience, just don't expect to make to retirement around this place... we do sacrify a great deal of personal life working for these people, staying too long is not really worthy in my opinion. For sure one of the best packages for guys with kids in school age and FOs looking for a fast track to the LH seat (expect 3 to 4 years tops if nothing goes wrong while you occupy the RH seat).

Do I regret coming here? NO!
Am I happy to leave? YES!

Good luck.

Last edited by lfbb; 22nd Aug 2018 at 10:24.