PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 9th Oct 2003, 07:34
Batchy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Airbedane.

With the loss of the LVG to Hendon has the collection any plans to purchase a WW1 German aircraft. I know the collection would ideally like an original airframe, although availiability and price would be a major problem.

Alternatively would it be possible to have someone like AJD or even the Memorial flight @ Le Bourget in France build a replica around an original engine. I know it all comes down to money, but without the LVG the WW1 scenarios are going to see rather one sided.

I know the replica issue is always an emotional subject, but you do already have the Boxkite and Avro Triplane.

It was a great shame that the Mew and Active left Old Warden, was the price just too high or were they outside the collection's purchasing criteria.

The Lysander was an excellent purchase, a great performer that fits in perfectly with the Hurri-Spit-Glad. I'm not so sure about the plan to collect RAF trainers though. Still too many in private hands.

Has the collection considered Dick Meltons Walrus project that is up for sale.

One last point, would it be possible to have a section in each display programme showing an individual photo of all the pilots, all too often the commentator forgets to mention pilot. They cant all be shy!