PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Aviation Summit – Wagga Wagga – 9th & 10th July 2018
Old 12th Aug 2018, 10:16
Lead Balloon

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts
I was down the back of the room on the second day of the Wagga summit and I can assure you that the 2 Infrastructure mandarins were laughing and sneering as the resolutions were put.
It was not very encouraging.

I am torn between believing that they really have no idea and are clueless..... or, given the amount of infrastructure spending on airport upgrades at the moment, there is a well-formed plan to kill off GA and re-corporatise regional airports (for sale to the highest bidder or the biggest political donor, whichever comes first)
I watched the video. I have a pretty good idea as to what the Infrastructure attendees were doing.

They knew, full well, what they were doing, in the sense that the Minister needed do know whether the ‘Summit’ represented any political risk. They reported - accurately - that the Summit wasn’t a risk, confirmed by a proposed amendment to the Civil Aviation Act that doesn’t make sense even as a sentence in English, much less as a matter of coherent policy.

AOPA load blown.

For the record, I reiterate my suggested way forward that might have more than a snowflake’s hope in proceeding:

1. Dick publicly advocates for a vote for anyone other than the major parties unless and until a list of outcomes have been implemented,

2. Publish the list.

Note that this suggested way forward only coincidentally relates to aviation or AOPA or the merits or whatever other trivia individuals might consider relevant. Achieving the desired outcome has almost nothing to do with the benefits for aviation or the merits of the issue.