PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 9th Oct 2003, 05:02
Mike51

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Airbedane -

As DB said, not a lot broke, really

Catering - could be better (but I usually bring a picnic)

Visiting acts - more variety would be nice, as I go to several shows in a year. Harvard, Yak-11 (mmmmm, nice), Jenny (would LOVE to see that at OW), An-2, Jungmeister, Rapide, Dragonfly, Dragon, 3 Maggies together. Some types in the spirit of OW, which probably wouldn't cost the earth. 'Heavy Metal' warbirds, like we used to see a lot more of 5-10years ago, very nice, but 1) expensive and 2) we can go to Duxford for those.

Spitfire wingtips - I can see the attraction of keeping them on to provide the classic eliptical shape for the casual punter, so no strong feelings on that one.

More advertising - agree strongly (but not too much - don't want OW losing its unique casual atmosphere due to overcrowding!)

Harriers - always used to have them once or twice a year, don't seem to nowadays. Always good for bringing in the visiting familes.

Nice to see some variety in the based aircraft, such as the Po-2 - when is it planned to fly in the UK?

Good news about the mast (yuk) and the Comet (mmmmm)

Shame about the LVG going - just as a matter of interest, what was the reason for Sunday's cancellation? It seemed to be on fine fettle when ground-run before the display.

Keep up the good work!