PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 457’s are back!
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 11:49
73qanda

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
From wiki;
The model is commonly applied to wages in the market for labor. The typical roles of supplier and consumer are reversed. The suppliers are individuals, who try to sell (supply) their labor for the highest price. The consumers are businesses, which try to buy (demand) the type of labor they need at the lowest price. As more people offer their labor in that market, the equilibrium wage decreases and the equilibrium level of employment increases as the supply curve shifts to the right. The opposite happens if fewer people offer their wages in the market as the supply curve shifts to the left.[12]

In a free market, individuals and firms taking part in these transactions have the liberty to enter, leave and participate in the market as they so choose. Prices and quantities are allowed to adjust according to economic conditions in order to reach equilibrium and properly allocate resources. However, in many countries around the world, governments seek to intervene in the free market in order to achieve certain social or political agendas
Now I’m no economist but even wiki lets me know that an increase in people offering their labor decreases the equilibrium wage. ( personally I think the equilibrium wage will increase regardless for the next five years).