PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 457’s are back!
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 09:33
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Firstly- While I often get done for my gramma and spelling thats fine, but if you actually want that pilot job with Qlink - it aint a 457 visa, be a pro and call it what it is by sub class number. Might even help to reseach the process. It has been a long time since 457 applications were stopped, there are still some in the processing pipeline.

I got a message from a new immigrant (dont think a pilot) yesterday on a another different forum

"Been in Australia for a month now, just landed a dream job today and having the best winter of my life.

I’ll tske sunny and 20 degrees in Brisbane over -17 degrees in Vancouver any day."

I replied, then got this today.

I’d love to see *****, all of Australia really. I’m just so happy to be here. It’s just such a wonderful country with great people. I can’t say enough good about it, man.

The job I got here is near identical (save for the industry it is) that I had back home but with 2x the pay, bonuses and 5 weeks annual leave. I literally feel like I’ve won th lottery.

So, it might only be 2:17 pm, but I’m here, in sunny Queensland enjoying a nice cold XXXX. Can’t complain.

Thanks for the high marks on my application by the way. Feel for that guy and his Mrs back in Canada that applies a week before us and hasn’t heard anything. But, we really really did our homework and put forth an application that I think was the best possible application to put forward.

Thanks again for all the chats and all the advice and wisdom, Bendy. I’ll find my way up to ****** one day and we’ll get that case.

- Mitch

I did see a few countries mentioned for sourcing pilots Canada and South Africa and some others.