PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 457’s are back!
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 04:16
Global Aviator

Received 125 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by stormfury

Although I agree with the subtext of your post it comes across as a little hypocritical. You’re against suitably qualified guys coming to Oz but you’re happy to head over to the US and China and take a job.

I agree there are true shortages in those countries (lets not go down the FAA 1500hr rabbit hole) although I’m sure their are local pilots who resent hearing the Aussie twang on the radio while they’re flying single pilot night freight.

All that said, I agree with overall assessment that this is a shortage manifested by neglect and short-term profit taking by airline management.

To to be honest, I don’t know where they are going to find 76 suitably qualified folk willing to work for what they are paying. Cost of living in Australia is very evotnsivev these days and unlike other high cost cities, Australian aircrew wages haven’t caught up yet.
Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. I’m saying that expat pilots are welcome and used anywhere if needed, Australia included.

When they are no longe needed they are fooked off.

The difference is Australia does not have a shortage and does not need expats.

Not enough trainers? Train more! Piss poor planning should not hold the bloke doing the hard yards back.

Whats a training course take? 4 weeks? What’s induction time for a qualified trainer? Let’s see license conversion......