PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 8th Oct 2003, 17:09
hairyclameater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Repaint the Gladiator back in RAF markings!!!!!
Its already the basic colour!! (Though thought it was luvverly in camo!)

I'd like to see the Spit with clipped wings again - I am a true believer in Shuttleworth's 100% accuracy in its restorations,and after all, it is a VC!

Theres little to improve in the setting of the place and I don't think an elevated position would improve photography - its unique in having displays tailored to bank past the crowd -superb!
( Be nice to ask thse BBMF to perform a gentle bank around the bend - nothing too strenuous!) Any tower would then restrict other peoples view behind it.

Denny and the like as well as fast jets are all part of aviations rich taperstry which is surely what Shuttleworth's all about - the preservation and celebration of aviation in all its aspects! I recall that a Harrier always looks good here operating off the grass - nice 'n close!

How about some foreign historics ?? The flamant looked great a few years ago and why oh why did the Fury have to go back to Belgium??When I saw that in the hangar the other year I thought YES!!- A Cygnet,Hind,Fury, Hurricane, Hunter and Harrier "Camm" flypast could be arranged
well, at least with the Hind!
The French B17,Noratlas,Noralpha, Paris, a Swiss Hunter or 2, Belgian Viima, Dutch Beaver, Swedish Tunnan & Saab B17, German Bf108/9, Casa 352 etc I know cost is an issue but for variety, cant be beaten.

Talking of variety how about a change in the visitors? i.e. The Avenger & Scout were both at the last 2 shows- nice as they are it does influence visits by people who have "seen it all before", especially if there is a distance to travel.

Otherwise keep up the great work - pleased to hear about the Comet, but still smarting a little over the LVG having to go!!