PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 8th Oct 2003, 15:54
Airbedane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far – only a day on the net and lots of useful comment. Many, many thanks to all who have contributed, do keep it up, please.

Here’s a few thoughts:

Beags:
- Thanks for the kind words, we’re getting there slowly.
- Mew Gull – I’d like it back too – maybe one day.
- Comet – we plan to fly it early in 200. We’ve decided to level the runway first, just in case, and work on that will start at the end of next season, 2004. To help the process, there’ll be no show next October and the September evening show will be a week early. The airfield will then close for the winter.
- Extra’s etc – I get the feeling that you don’t like ‘em…………I can sympathise, but families and kids do and the youngsters are where we need to target to secure the future.

MOTF:
- The aerial - it’s not a mobile phone device, but it will be removed soon.
- Food and Booze – I’ll pass that on
- Display content – I’ll pass that on, too, but bear in mind that we have to buy-in acts with a limited budget and the big jets produce a local area noise problem, RAF aircraft incur a large cost for support personnel. None of the above are insurmountable, but they all go in the equation.
- SVAS - there were other concessions for the SVAS this year, but you are quite right when you say it didn’t include the Falconry. I’ll pass the comment on, but remember that joining benefits the Collection and shouldn’t be done just for the concessions…..
- Loyalty Scheme – good idea, we’ll look into it.

Z526:
- Duxford – in the late 80’s Old Warden shows were held on the last Sunday of the month, so were Duxford’s. We moved to the first Sunday of the month in 1990, I think. So did Duxford.
- Extra – see above
- Commentator – always an emotional subject. Remember that the main job of the Commentator is to control the crowd in the even of need. The rest is a bonus. For every complaint about Jeremy, we’ve had ten of praise. We’ll certainly listen to comments on commentators, but we can’t please everyone.
- Aircraft – see above, comments and suggestions welcome

OzP:
- Duxford – see above

DB:
- Barnstorming – thanks, I’ll pass it on
- Harvard’s – good point, but Harvard’s are expensive as they fly slowly and take a long time to get to their destination.
- Other aircraft – I’ll pass that on
- Toilets – I agree, I’ll pass that on, too
- Mast – see above
- Panels point taken, but they’re airfield boundary markers and must stay if we wish to license the airfield
- Photog tower and top-side pass – If you move back off the crowd line, you’ll get a higher viewpoint, and you’ll see more of the top surface due to the increased range from the target.
- Speakers – again, here to stay, I’m afraid

T’graph:
- Booze – see above
- Crazy flying – Good idea, thanks, I’ll pass that on.

SSD:
- Accom – thanks for the answer DB

MOTF:
- Restaurant – I’ll pass that on.

DC:
- Saturday shows – is five not enough, six including the Proms?
- Visiting acts – see above
- Freeloaders – Hairyplane and the Collection are working on it, you may have noticed there were less this year – it’s becoming a major problem at all airshows. (How about a comment, Hairyplane, as I know you have strong feelings here?)
- Advertising – good point, and we’re working on it.
- PPRuNe rendez-vous – good idea, is anyone out there prepared to organise it? We can also put a call out on the PA if you wish.

DB:
- An American BBQ – “Big Homer Simpson Drool………” We banned BBQ’s some years ago due to the fire risk, but it may be worth a re-look.

HotC:
- Spitfire – the tips were put on when Disney offered us a deal we couldn’t refuse to fly in their Pearl Harbour film. I’ve left ‘em on, with opposition from all the pilot’s, as the aircraft looks better like that for the family audience – it’s more of a classic Spitfire. It was worth keeping it clipped when we were the only one, but as there are so many others on the circuit now, I felt we could leave the tips as is. However, we can remove them for a season or two if that’s what everyone wants – comments please.
- Commentary – see above, but please give me more info, and I’ll pass it on to the commentary team.
- Freeloaders – see above
- Extra – again, see above.

Well, that’s all for now folks. Again, many thanks for the comments, I’ll pass those on to the relevant areas that I’ve noted above, and get back to you with anything further. I hope the other replies have helped,

Airbedane