PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piper M600 for CAT under AOC
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2018, 19:04
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Markos.
I was just considering that even though the acquisition costs are higher than a used PC12 or TBM, the maintenance costs and operating costs are less expensive.

Moreover, this aircraft won’t replace other SET out there, but I am just suggesting that it can be effect for some specific missions (e.g. 5pax 800-1000nm) and for this particular missions, it would be very competitive.

It’s is obvious that if you take the 100% of the current private flights, this aircraft will only be suitable for maybe 15-20% of them (there is a HUGE number of private charters for 2-3 people for less than a 1000nm trip in Europe). What is even more interesting is that there a certain percentage of the population that is not currently using a private charter because it is very expensive but with these new SET, this service will become less expensive so a new market will emerge. Compare a PC12 hourly rate to these new SET. Half of crew expense, 75% of the operating cost of a bigger SET. For me, it will be accessible to a big number of companies/people.

Let me state that I am not related with Piper or any other builder in any way.

Regards

Lets wait and see. I remember 10 years ago the VLJ wave was to open new markets etcetc., now did they ? If you look at the amount of money you bind with an aircraft purchase, the truth really is you can make way more money out of the same investment elsewhere. Given this, who are the investors ?