PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 2nd Aug 2018, 05:20
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would be wrong target - UK govt has, I believe, already stated it wants UK to stay in EASA. Of course that is not something within the UK's power to grant, would be more sensible to pressure those who can grant it.
Sorry, I didn't mean "pressure" in the sense of solving a specific issue. I meant pressure in the sense that as actual (as in really happening) material consequences of approaching brexit, be it aviation or anything else, the pressure on the government to do something - anything - will pile on inexorably. I agree, in this issue, as in others, solutions may lie outside the government's hands, but never in a million years will the voting public accept that. If this all goes petong (and I am not saying it will; I'm saying it damn sure might) the sitting government will be held responsible and there will be some sort of reckoning at the ballot box...although as in so much else, nobody knows what the outcome of that would be.