PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shamrock A330 and New York tracon run-in
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2018, 15:33
misd-agin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Martin_123
can someone please enlighten me how is this discussion even relevant? Shamrock asked for a 220 heading for 15 miles, it brings them South from JFK and away from all the mentioned airports and their SIDs/STARs as far as my eye can see. Give these guys what they ask for, turn them over the sea with wide easterly vector after 15 miles, job done. Looking back at the FR24 playbacks I just don't see the issue? Am I missing something?
Where did you think JFK and LGA arrivals from the south and south-west arrive from? And the JFK arrivals from the NW also get routed south over Staten Island and make a left turn to descend on an easterly heading to enter a left downwind for the 22's @ JFK. To give you an idea of the airspace problems. the flights inbound to JFK from the west cross LENDY at FL190 which approx. 20 nm NW of JFK. They can't come from the west (EWR) or north/north-east(LGA) because other airports control that airspace.
Which LHR arrivals put you 14,000' high 20 nm from the airport?

Last edited by misd-agin; 1st Aug 2018 at 15:36. Reason: added LENDY and 14,000' comments