PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shamrock A330 and New York tracon run-in
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2018, 01:04
Sailvi767

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Magplug
Go and check out the stats.... London remains the busiest airspace in the world - ahead of New York by a significant margin. In fact the LHR, LGW, LTN, STN, CDG, ORY, RTM, AMS triangle is controlled by 3 different countries depite being a similar area size to New York ARTCC. Nobody gets shouted at, nobody gets angry and no controllers speak patronisingly to foreign aircraft as if they are idiots. Most importantly they remain professional with no macho BS.

I hope you get to read this before another of my posts gets taken down. I appear to have a knack of hitting the nail on the head.
i am not even sure what your talking about. AMS and CDG are over 150 miles away. I am talking 4 major airports all in a 20 mile box. We are talking about approach and departure control not enroute. Using your standard of distance we would need to add BOS, PHL, BDL, IAD, DCA, BWI ect.. to the mix. To do so however has zero validity as they have nothing to do with approach and departure operations.
The 4 main NYC airports are controlled by one ATC entity as they effectively operate as one large airport. Not the case at all in what you are describing. Draw a 20 mile circle around those airports and there is no busier airspace anywhere. NYC approach control currently handles over 4000 flights a day not counting low altitude transient aircraft. In the 4pm to 8pm peak they are dealing with 350 to 500 flights an hour with convective weather activity a order of magnitude larger then LHR, CDG or AMS deal with.

Last edited by Sailvi767; 31st Jul 2018 at 01:26.