PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Israelis have big b*lls
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2003, 05:31
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No negotiation with Terrorists

Jackonicko,

I chose my anology such that it had no genuine claim as those on the receiving end of Terrorism always believe the perpertrators' claim do not justify their actions. (perhaps that's the difference between the Terrorist and the freedom fighter)

You cannot negotiate with Terrorists. We are all entitle to our definitions and my definition of a Terrorist is an individual or group who engages, or supports or facilitates others, in the random and expressed targeting of non-combatants, with the intent of making the remaining population believe that they may be next (Terrorizing) with the aim of altering the view of the same remaining population regarding a certain political cause or to destabilise their society in general.

You know much more about Middle Eastern affairs than me and you no doubt have your definition of terrorists and I leave it to you to decide who the Terrorists are. By negotiating with them you open the door to further vile acts from groups supporting them or opposing them....your favours can be sold to the person who does you the greatest harm!!

I remain sceptical that peace exists in NI and should the relatively low levels of violence in NI decrease further and last such that those living there can claim to live in peace, I do not feel that such a peace came about through any "blue-printable" means. Rather it came about through factors unique to NI, namely the Terrorist acts becoming so vile in the eyes of a moderate (civilized??)population and that the IRA's "stated" political cause became irrelevant with the fall of communism and the manner in which both the UK and Ireland have embraced the EU (particularly Ireland) and the economic and social benefits that have followed.