PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot strike
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2018, 19:49
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JPJP
Ryanair doesn’t get a say in who they negotiate with.
Thanks for your input JPJP but no need to get all excited and upset. Let me explain.

In the light of the claim that Ryanair didn't act "in good faith" by walking out of an intended meeting with the union I thought it was important to find out if they actually DID walk out and why before trying to reach any conclusions.

Let us assume for the moment that they did do a 180.
If, and I say IF they saw any Aer Lingus reps on the union's team when they arrived they would have every right to walk away given the long history between the two airlines and, in particular, with the IALPA President. It doesn't matter which side of the discussion you are on, it happened. If you don't know what that history is then you need to look it up. In this (Dublin) dispute it is a very relevant factor whether you agree or not.

Any Aer Lingus presence on the team would have to be considered a provocative (bad faith) move by the union.

On the other hand, if there was nobody on the team from Aer Lingus then that's a different ballgame altogether.

However, following 172_driver's reply it is now clear that the 180 he referred to didn't happen at Dublin.

172_driver, thanks for your reply. Apologies, I thought you were referring to the high profile dispute with pilots at the Dublin base.