PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 7th Oct 2003, 23:30
DeepC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only two shows this year (Flying Proms included). Absolutely fantastic both times.

I wish there were more Saturday shows as I cannot attend any Sunday shows.

It would be nice to see more visiting types at OW. Duxford returning favours would be nice. Also more old helicopters would add interest. Would be nice if at a couple of shows a year (so as not to destroy the ambience at the rest) the RAF, RN could display a modern Jet to put the older planes into some kind of perspective.

I would suggest that a member of the Shuttleworth team could do a quick tour of the vicinity of the Airfield to gather donations from the countless people who freeload outside the fence. Probably turn up one hundred quid.

An advertising board alongside the A1 might achieve greater visitor numbers. A small sign near the entrance giving a date of next show would be useful as well.

Lastly, I think PPRuNe people should display PPRuNe badges, hats, flags, etc so that location of fellow PPruNers is easier. Perhaps a PPRuNe flag attached to one of the sound poles might act as a point of contact.

DeepC