PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2018, 08:30
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And therein lies the rub Mark, BA Short Haul (at Heathrow anyway, I respect the views of JulietSierra6 regarding Gatwick) is a ****show compared to Long Haul to the point of being like two separate companies. I’m guessing that at Gatwick you’re not doing the constant aircraft swapping and sitting around at Pret for two hours that we endure here. And then I’m supposed to pipe down and take consolation that I am more senior whilst DEPs from Flybe off the Dash 8 with no jet time take up residence in the RHS of the 777/787, even though seniority in terms of lifestyle at BA is only relevant to the seat you’re in at the time and we could be waiting multiple years to see it (and enjoying the delights of multiple reports/sectors in and out of Heathrow in the meantime) because of all the DEPs flooding into the long haul fleets.

The RHS Airbus has stagnated for a year now at least even though there are new recruits coming in meaning no lifestyle improvement at a time where there is recruitment going on. I fully take the point that it has stagnated in the past, 9/11 etc (I could take that, I’d feel lucky to have a job) but that’s apples and oranges, it’s stagnating now and it shouldn’t be.

Bex I can’t comment on the finances too much, at least no one should read too much into my interpretation of the finances in the RHS of the Airbus unless you’re also a single guy commuting from a tax haven ;-)