PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2018, 09:32
A_Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
"One of the interceptor was ordered to self-destruct after it was determined that both SS-21s were to land inside Syrian territory. It is not known what happened to the other interceptor."
Yes, I read your previous post. Obviously we read different sources. And I think that native Israeli news is more reliable than distant US/UK sources.

Here is the one I was referring too, FYI
http://www.newsru.co.il/israel/24jul2018/prasha_103.html

Sorry it's in Russian, but any online translator will at least provide the contents. E.g. here is an excerpt:

"The website of the Haaretz newspaper wrote that the Syrian rockets haven't been brought down. Operators "Prachtchi David" had to destroy interceptor missiles after they haven't hit the mark, it was told in this publication.

Yoav Zeytun writes on the website Ynet that preliminary investigation confirms correctness of the decision on start of antimissiles, each of which costs 1 million dollars as there was a real threat: one of the Syrian missiles launched approximately for 100 km to an estimated point of interception has fallen all in kilometer from the Israeli border. The author of the publication considers that the Syrian rockets haven't been intercepted because of a technological, but not human factor. The Ministry of Defence and Raphael concern investigate this incident."