PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA SUMMIT 2018 - RESOLUTIONS
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2018, 08:34
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clare Prop,
So, tell us what you think has happened in Canada to China Southern, that would interest it in taking on CASA again??

Last time I spoke to the chap who oversees all the CS training outside China, worldwide, he was to say the least, adamant. That was about three years ago, at a conference in China.

Given the enlightened approach of Transport Canada, and the very foreign student friendly Canadian Government, I am having trouble imagining what would have been so dire that Australia would have been re-considered for a major training investment.

What I have seen from sections of CASA, and continue to see, is a xenophobic mindset against all foreign cadet pilots, civil and military, an attitude often exhibited by others in the aviation community.

As a matter of interest, in its heyday, China Southern owned 75% of CSWAFC, later moving to 100%. As I understand the present "joint venture", it isn't really, just a minor part of joint CAE/ CS developments. As far as I know, there was no WA Government direct investment, but they did have a major state development program for the aviation sector, and a very enlightened program it was.

Tootle pip!!