PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should the captain apologise to passengers for bone jarring landing
Old 23rd Jul 2018, 11:02
rog747

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by His dudeness
In my aircraft (not an airline) pax are strapped in and their "bags" are in the baggage compartment. Everything elsE is stowed for T/O and Landing. I suspect that this is the case in airlines too and especially in legacy carriers. If not, than there is some blame on the CC or the pax justified, NOT the pilots.

Train drivers braking vs. pilot braking ? REALLY ? What about the emergency brake in trains, cushioned off as well ? As in "not to upset me" ?

I am puzzled by your reply - we are discussing here about 'normal' procedures -
train drivers do not use emergency braking except well erm in an emergency and they often have 2 or even 3 types of brake to use depending on the kit they are driving

Re flying I was merely pointing out in the increase of harsh barking used on landing seemingly to enable quick exits off runways - if you read my post correctly you will get my point

of course pax are strapped in but being chucked forward restrained by their belts decelerating from 150mph to 40mph in a couple of seconds is not nice for the pax just so matey has to clear the runway as someone is up his behind