PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dhl Air
Thread: Dhl Air
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 19:29
flyer75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailscraper,

i would gladely change my CV but its been already sent to over 270 Airlines...Kind of expensive on stamps...
How could Pete help?Who is he?

KRegards,

Flyer75

I forgot to answer your question...
Yes I did pay for my Type but merely to get a JAA licence issued as it was part of the requiremenst set by the CAA.
They asked for the 14 ATPL exams,500 hours on MPA and a Jet Rating in a TRTO.
I could have done a CPL and IR which would have cost me even more than the type itself...not so much the CPL but the IR...
I chose the 737 as it seemed to me to be the most commun plane around..I guess I should have chosen the A320...but im more "stick and rudder" type of guy...
I got the chance to speak with Easy Jet recruitment by phone(a golden nr give by a friend..the only EU pilot who helped me..)but they want me to fly 6 months in any airline and any aircraft but it has to be commercially...its biting its own tail if you see what i mean..whats the big deal with not having flown in the Eu?I passed a JAA ATPL LST MSP(whatever they call it) that is a ATPL/IR and type rating the same day WITH the CAA observing...if thats not enough to prove a certain level i dont know what I need...and what are the ATPL exams for if not to teach about the EU Law and Airspaces...differences from the USA?

Tell you the truth I am disgusted but still hope for the light...cant even be Cabin Crew..they know id leave as soon as i get a flying job..

Flyer75